George Clooney Defends Meghan Markle From Attacks By The Press

Written by on February 13, 2019

Maria Agcopra – Fourth Estate Contributor

Los Angeles, CA, United States (4E) – George Clooney came to Meghan Markle’s defense and has appealed to the media not to attack her anymore. During an event in Los Angeles, the actor said that history was repeating itself, comparing how Meghan is being “pursued and vilified” the same way the late Princess Diana was.

Clooney’s statement comes after reports of the Duchess of Sussex not being in good terms with her father, Thomas Markle, Sr. The rift between the father and daughter was exposed to the public after Markle, Sr. exposed the contents of what was supposed to be a letter written by Meghan in the summer of last year, wherein she accused him of breaking her heart by giving interviews and making false claims.

“They’re just chasing Meghan Markle everywhere, she’s been pursued and vilified,” Clooney said, WHO Australia reports. He added that Meghan is already seven months pregnant and yet she is being “pursued and vilified and chased the same way that Diana was.” Clooney warned that history is repeating itself and that everyone knows how Diana’s story ended.

The 54-year-old actor opened up about Diana’s death in a fiery speech in 1997, during which he blamed the media for the royal’s death.

“If you weren’t hiding behind the profession of journalism, you would be an accomplice to a crime, and you would go to jail,” Clooney said at the time, Today quotes.

George, who is married to human rights lawyer Amal Clooney, was also asked if he was going to be a godfather to Princess Harry and Meghan’s baby, George commented that he already has too much on his plate since he’s already a father of twins.

Article – All Rights Reserved.
Provided by FeedSyndicate


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



[There are no radio stations in the database]