Jussie Smollett Speaks Up About Attack For The First Time

Written by on February 2, 2019

Maria Agcopra – Fourth Estate Contributor

Chicago, IL, United States (4E) – Jussie Smollett, who was recently subjected to assault and an alleged hate crime earlier this week, is speaking up for the first time about the incident.

“Let me start by saying that I’m OK,” the ‘Empire’ star said in a statement to ESSENCE. “My body is strong but my soul is stronger. More importantly I want to say thank you. The outpouring of love and support from my village has meant more than I will ever be able to truly put into words.”

He also said that he’s working with authorities and has been “100% factual and consistent on every level.” He added that he believes justice will be served, despite the “inaccuracies and misinterpretation” that seem to have spread.

He also called for people not to make his case an “isolated incident” as many other people including blacks and LGBTQ+ are suffering the same kind of attacks daily. He said he will speak more about the incident soon, but for now needs time to process things.

Meanwhile, Smollett has cancelled an upcoming concert meet & greet over security concerns. The singer and actor was supposed to meet with his fans in Los Angeles this weekend after his sold-out show at the Troubador on Saturday night.

The organizer for his concert has advised those who bought meet & greet tickets to have their payments refunded or donated to the Black AIDS Institute in their name.

Article – All Rights Reserved.
Provided by FeedSyndicate


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



[There are no radio stations in the database]