Meghan Markle’s Royal Bodyguard Quits After Six Months Of Service

Written by on January 29, 2019

Maria Therese Agcopra Agcopra – Fourth Estate Contributor

Meghan Markle has lost another royal staffer when her bodyguard quit just after only six months of service.

“Unlike someone who has grown up in the royal family and has been used to having close protection from an early age, it can be constraining,” a source told The Sunday Times. The source added that Markle’s current role as the Duchess of Sussex has prohibited her from going anywhere without her security team, and this has allegedly put a massive constraint on an individual like her who was previously used to going around freely.

The unidentified female officer was connected with the Scotland Yard police and has been photographed before with the royal when they visited Australia, Fiji, and Tonga. According to Fox News, the said officer is also resigning from the police force.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to appoint another woman to replace her.

The Scotland Yard inspector is the third royal staffer to resign since Markle joined the family in May. In November last year, the “Suits” actress’ personal assistant Melissa Toubati resigned from her post. Although the Kensington Palace refused to comment on her departure, one spokesperson described her as a “hugely talented person” who played a huge role in the success of Meghan and Harry’s wedding.

The royal couple’s private secretary, Samantha Cohen was the first to announce her resignation and is expected to leave later this year after 17 years of service for the royal family. Cohen reportedly intends to leave after Meghan gives birth this spring.

Article – All Rights Reserved.
Provided by FeedSyndicate


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



[There are no radio stations in the database]