Neil deGrasse Tyson Returns To National Geographic After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
Written by KFAT on March 16, 2019
Fourth Estate Staff
Los Angeles, CA, United States (4E) – Neil deGrasse Tyson is returning to the National Geographic Channel after completing an investigation into the sexual misconduct allegations made against him.
In a statement made on Friday, National Geographic announced that ‘StarTalk will be back on air with 13 remaining episodes starting April. It was also indicated that Tyson’s other show, ‘Cosmos’ will return to National Geographic and Fox although an air date has yet to be determined. Tyson’s show has been suspended pending the investigation.
The statement, however, did not delve into the findings and conclusion of the investigators regarding the complaints.
The astrophysicist and television show host embroiled in a controversy after Patheos.com published an article wherein two women claim that Tyson behaved in a sexually inappropriate manner with them.
Dr. Katelyn N. Allers, Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Bucknell University, said that she was “felt up” by Tyson at an after-party for members of the American Astronomical Society in 2009.
Another woman, Ashley Watson said she quit her job after Tyson made inappropriate sexual advances. Watson worked as Tyson’s former assistant for several months and claimed that Tyson attempted to convince her into having sex with him. She also claimed that Tyson occasionally made “misogynistic comments.”
Tyson has denied these allegations in December last year and pledged to cooperating fully with the investigation.
Aside from appearing in educational television programs and other shows, Tyson is also serves as director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.
Article – All Rights Reserved.
Provided by FeedSyndicate